To avoid damage we always recommend cutting on an appropriate cutting board and never directly on the stone surface.
Stone requires very little maintenance to keep the surface looking like new. For every day, routine cleaning, we recommend
wiping the surface with warm soapy water (a mild detergent) and a damp cloth or alternatively use a quality spray and wipe type cleaner.
Extra Stubborn dried spills and stains
To remove adhered materials like food, gum and nail polish, first scrape away the excess with a sharp blade.
If there are any grey metal marks on the surface, a mild detergent will remove it. Household bleach can generally be used as an
effective cleaner to remove stubborn marks, but care should be taken as some products are considerably stronger than others.
Stone will tolerate brief exposures to moderately hot temperatures, however prolonged contact with very hot pots, pans,
electric frying pans and oven trays directly from the hotplate or out of an oven onto the surface of stone.
We always recommend the use of a hot pad or trivet to place hot items onto.
As stone is non-porous, it will therefore keep its lustrous gloss and ultra-smooth surface without polishing. And it never needs sealing.
Tough – Yes, Indestructible – No
As with any surface, stone can be permanently damaged by exposure to strong chemicals and solvents that undermine its physical properties.
Do not use products that contain trichlorethane or methylene chloride, such as paint removers or strippers. Avoid any highly aggressive cleaning
agents like oven cleaner that have high alkaline/pH levels. Should the surface be accidentally exposed to any of these damaging products,
rinse immediately with water to neutralise the effect.